Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a series of primary source readings on imperialism for a World History course at the high school or university survey course level. The three primary source readings include 7-13 questions at the end of each reading that combine reading comprehension, links to current government issues and Document-Based-Questions (marked with a "►"). Contents include:
1. The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact and the beginning of World War Two: Joachim von Ribbentrop, Adolf Hitler (1939)
2. Battle of Britain: "The Few" speech by Winston Churchill (1940)
3. Korematsu v. U.S. and civil liberties in wartime (1942)
4. Atomic bomb research presentation and persuasive essay project
5. Unit vocabulary and concept list with a practice test worksheet
The readings can be used for in-class lessons, sub-plans or homework assignments. They're ideal for a World History AP course, though I use them for my standard-level students as well.