Primary Writing Journal Prompts | December
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Get your beginning writers into the routine of writing everyday with these primary journal prompts. There are 20 journal prompts included for each month. There are 9 months included in this bundle (September - May). That's 180 total prompts!!! With sentence starters on each page, these are perfectPrice $20.00Original Price $24.00Save $4.00
Get your beginning writers into the routine of writing everyday with these primary journal prompts. With sentence starters on each page, these are perfect for students in kindergarten through second grade. Each page has an editing checklist and featured words with pictures, which is great for students in the beginning stages of writing. A blank page is also included in this pack for your more advanced writers to create their own unique journal entry.
Save BIG with our SCHOOL YEAR BUNDLE (Sept-May)
This December packet contains the following journal items:
- Student Cover Page (Available in full color and also a B&W version that kids can color!)
- Journal Prompts for 20 days (Color and B&W versions available)
- Blank Journal Page
Journal Prompts Included:
1 - In December,
2 - If I were a passenger on the Polar Express,
3 - On a snowy day,
4 - If I’m sick,
5 - Someone who makes me feel special is
6 - In a winter wonderland,
7 - My favorite holiday is
8 - My favorite way to create art is
9 - Some ways to spread holiday cheer are
10 - At a party,
11 - My favorite holiday treats are
12 - To make a gingerbread house,
13 - Some ways I’m responsible are
14 - To wrap a present,
15 - When I take an important test
16 - I asked Santa for
17 - At the North Pole,
18 - In Santa’s workshop,
19 - On New Years Eve,
20 - My favorite thing about December was
21 - Blank
Aligns with the following CCSS:
W.K.1, W.K.2, W.1.1, W.1.2, W.2.1, W.2.2
What are teachers saying about this resource?
"My student(s) grew from not liking writing and having behaviors when asked to complete a writing assignment to loving writing and becoming more independent." -Felicia M.
"The students have enjoyed the October, November, and December journals. Thank you for such a great writing resource.." -Agusta O.
Check out some of our other great resources:
- January Journal Prompts
- School Year Journal Prompts Bundle (Sept-May)
- Summer Journal Prompts Bundle (June-August)
Earn FREE shopping credits by leaving feedback on products you've purchased!
Here's how to do it:
- Click My Purchases
- Click the Provide Feedback button
Click here to follow us and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. You don't want to miss out!
We’d love to connect with YOU:
Subscribe to our mailing list to hear about all the neat things we're creating, including store updates, new products, freebies, and fun teaching resources.
Beth & Pat
© Teaching Takes Heart
All rights reserved. Not for commercial use.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.