February / Winter - This cute February Primary Writing Paper with Picture Boxes and Without provides a fun resource to allow primary students a way to practice writing. Four writing-prompt charts and a February Word Bank are included. Also included is a primary writing rubric. It is useful to discuss the rubric with the students both before and during their writing process. The convenience of having the rubric in front of each student (if grade and/or skill appropriate they write makes it more likely that they will be mindful of their writing goals.
Simply print out one-sided and use.
Ideas and Ways To Use This Paper
- Use this paper to write reports about the many fun and interesting February topics.
- Have your students practice poetry writing by using the paper to write a poems related to the included February themes.
- Use the paper to have students write stories related to February topics..
- Have students write “facts” about the February topics included.
- Use as a whole class activity or in a Literacy Center.
This packet includes the following:
- 60 Pages
- Many Choices for Publishing Papers
- Primary Writing Rubric
- February Word Bank
- 4 February Writing Prompt Charts
- Pages With and Without Drawing Boxes
- Pages With and Without Writing Prompts
- Five Senses-Based Writing Activity
- Dotted Center Lines (on all but 2 papers)
- Some of the February topics include: Valentine’s Day, Groundhogs Day, dental health, winter, snow, winter sports, Black History Month, National Gumdrop Day, polar bears, carnivals, penguins, Chinese New Year, National Tortilla Chip Day, the Super Bowl, and more.
If you are looking for more materials, please check out my store: