Examines a wide variety of text types
Primary writing is a series of seven blackline masters designed to provide opportunities for students to read, examine and write a variety of text types including narratives, recounts, procedures, reports, explanations and expositions.
student texts written in particular formats
analysis pages to familiarise students with the parts of a particular writing format
student planning pages with a suggested topic
detailed blackline master worksheet information for teachers which includes:
– encapsulated versions of the students text with sections clearly shown;
– examples of some language features for each writing format;
– suggestions for using the worksheet;
– display and presentation suggestions for completed writing;
– purpose, audience and context suggestions; and
– answers for the student analysis page.
front teachers pages which include:
– outcome links;
– specific information about each writing format;
– writing format checklists;
– blank writing formats; and
– proofreading and editing checklist.