This partner game reinforces students understanding of prime and composite numbers, factors, and multiples.
Rules of the Game:
1. First, put your 3 pieces of candy on the board game, covering any numbers of your choice. Do not cover a number in bold. Your partner does the same.
2. Next, decide who will be the horizontal 1- 6 and who will be the vertical 1-6
3. Each person will roll a dice. You will read both dice and go across what one dice says and down what the other says.
4. You will then BOTH SEPARATELY factor the number (agree on the same starting factors so that your factor trees will match), write three multiples of the number, and decide if it is prime or composite and why.
5. If your partner and you both have the same answer, and get it correct, you may both move on to the next roll. If the space had a piece of candy covering the number, it can be eaten by the owner.
6. Keep playing until all pieces of candy have been eaten – this would be a minimum of 6 problems.