This engaging and informative set of resources aids students in developing an understanding of prime and composite numbers. Throughout the lesson, students improve their skills at identifying multiples and factors, establishing whether numbers up to 100 are prime, and using the vocabulary of prime numbers and composite numbers appropriately.
The well-presented presentation and lesson plan guides learners and teachers through several different tasks, including:
- Defining and identifying the key terms: Prime Number, Composite Number, Factor, and Product;
- Applying their understanding of these key terms to individual numbers, and then numbers up to 100;
- Finding and describing patterns that they find when establishing prime and composite numbers;
- Researching and writing about the prime or composite state of numbers of their choice;
- Peer-assessing the learning of other students against the lesson objectives.
Included in this pack are:
- A colourful and information-loaded whole-lesson PowerPoint presentation;
- Activity cards for the starter task;
- A comprehensive worksheet for the main task;
- A detailed lesson plan
All images are licensed for commercial use and are cited on the final slide.