PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
2.43 MB | 25 pages
Prime numbers are necessary when working with fractions. Knowing prime and composite numbers makes working with fractions SO MUCh easier for students. They help with simplifying, addiing, subtracting, multiplying and dividing? Included here are TWO sets of 32 task cards that provide practice with identifying prime and composite numbers. Within each set, the first 24 cards deal with numbers under 100. The last 8 cards of each set deal with 3 digit numbers.
Set 1 provides multiple choice practice. Students choose the prime or composite numbers from the four choices provided. Set 2 simply provides the numbers - students determine whether the number is prime or composite. An answer sheet and four extra practice pages are included in this packet. The cards are in color, but have been tested and will print well in black and white.
Ideas for using these task cards:
1) Use in a center.
2) Use for small group instruction.
3) Use as assessment for checking student's ability to move on to the next skill.
4) Set out for use by those who finish their work early.
5) Use for partner work. Students choose a card and their partner works the problem out on a white board or scrap paper. Check each others answers.
6) Use these as a part of whole class lessons.
7) Play Scoot!
Looking for more task cards for your fractions unit? Check out some of my other products!