Life Science Interactive Notebook – Principles of Ecology
Introducing the Life Science Interactive Notebook Series! Each chapter in the series will showcase many activities for the students (both middle and high school) to process the information given by teachers. The engaging activities vary to enable all students to use and benefit from different learning styles.
Note: This product is part of the. Life Science Interactive Notebook – The COMPLETE Bundle for the ENTIRE YEAR
DOWNLOAD PREVIEW TO SEE EXAMPLES OF ALL PAGES.
Principles of Ecology include the following concepts:
• Nutrition and Energy
• Energy Flow in Ecosystems
• Cycles in Nature
• Organisms and Their Environment
• Ecological Succession
Each concept shares:
• Actual photos of both the INPUT and OUTPUT pages of Science Interactive Notebook
• Instructions on how to create/use/complete activity for OUTPUT side
• Mini-Quizzes for each concept to check students’ understanding
• Answer Keys for all mini-quizzes
• Appendix with Teacher Notes for Interactive Notebook in LARGE print.
Students will be able to:
• Demonstrate how matter and energy is transferred between producers, consumers and decomposers (MS-LS2-4)
• Break down a food web into individual food chains and understand the relationships among the trophic levels
• Understand that organisms are dependent on their interactions with both abiotic and biotic factors ((MS-LS2-1)
• Compare and contrast between primary and secondary succession
• Describe the unique characteristics of the world’s biomes
• Differentiate between different types of symbiosis – mutualism, commensalism, parasitism
* If you’re new to Science Interactive Notebooks download my Intro to Science Interactive Notebook tutorial for FREE!
Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower
. Booyah! You just started getting down to the Nitty Gritty in Science Education - you will now receive email updates about this store.
Nitty Gritty Science, LLC ©2015
All rights reserved.