Print Concepts- Features of a Sentence and How to Read a Book- RF.1.1.a
What educators are saying
Also included in
- 1st Grade Foundational skills are the basic reading skills that help solidify students' knowledge and understanding of print, phonemic and phonological awareness, word attack skills, phonics rules, and fluency. There are 12 units within this bundle. Each set comes with...lesson planscentersgraphic oPrice $46.00Original Price $57.75Save $11.75
- Teach your 1st grade students all of the Common Core ELA standards with ease. This bundle provides you with lesson plans for all standards, plus supplemental activities for students to practice their reading, writing, language, foundational skills, and speaking and listening skills. This bundle is fPrice $185.00Original Price $317.50Save $132.50
Teaching 1st grade students how to understand print concepts is a vital step in reading! This RF.1.1.a Reading Foundational Skills unit is used to teach how to understand concept of print. In this unit, students will work with basic features of print and sentences.
Check out the preview to see all that you're getting!
- Pre-Assessment (with script)
- Pre-Assessment Answer Key
- 3 Mini Lessons
- 4 Hands-on Centers
- 8 Worksheets
- 4 Interactive Notebook Activities
- Post-Assessment (with script)
- Post-Assessment Answer Key
- CCSS RF.1.1- Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
- CCSS RF.1.1a- Recognize the distinguishing features of a sentence (e.g., first word, capitalization, ending punctuation).
- reviewing print features in a book (from kindergarten skill)
- identifying parts of a sentence
- locating capital letters at the beginning
- identifying if spaces between words are correct
- locating and identifying punctuation
Want more Reading Foundational Skills units?
- Click HERE for the RF Skills Bundle.
- Or Click HERE for the All-Year 1st Grade ELA Bundle with all 6 domains.
Like this resource? Make sure to follow my store to keep up with brand-new products!
This purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you're interested in sharing with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses for a discount through the TeachersPayTeachers tool. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at jessica.L.firstname.lastname@example.org.