- Product Description
By the end of the week, your Young Learners should be able to easily identify the different parts of a book, as well as understand basic reading behaviors and the fundamental conventions of print.
This full week of engaging educational activities and a short animation will help simplify print concepts for your students.
In my very first SpaceCore Kids packet for TPT, Young Learners will be introduced to the concepts of print with tools that will incorporate their imagination into the learning process.
- Video | Season 1 Episode 1 | Jack and Jill | Print Concepts For Kindergarten
- 5 Pages of Word Identification Worksheets
- 5 Pages of Letter Identification Worksheets
- 6 Page Create Your Own Book | focus on creating a Title Page, Pictures with Sentence Structure, and Ending
- Retelling Picture Cards | Check for understanding with retelling the beginning, middle, and end
- 10 Page Leveled Reader | Jack And Jill | Featuring original illustrations from the SpaceCore Kids episode
- Instructions on putting Leveled Reader together
- 1 Page Diagnostic Assessment
- 1 Page Summative Assessment
The goal of this material is to help Young Learners:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
- Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
- Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific
sequences of letters.
- Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
Common Core Standards: RF.K.1, RF.k.1.a, RF.K.1.b, RF.K.1.c, RF.K.1.d
How you can earn credits that can be used toward your future TPT purchases:
* Once you are logged in, simply go to your page. Next to each of your purchases you'll see a button that reads, "". Simply click this button and it will take you to a page where you can provide feedback on each product you have purchased. Every time you provide feedback to a Seller, TPT will give you credit that can be used toward future purchases. It also helps me get a better understanding of what I can do to improve the resources and make them even more helpful to you and your Young Learners.
* If you click the Green Star next to my store logo, you will get a notification any time SpaceCore releases a new product, video, discount, or free items!
©SpaceCoreKids 2019. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.