Also included in
- This resource contains a variety of theme worksheets and theme graphic organizers to help students practice identifying theme in individual texts AND analyzing a shared theme between two different texts! There are also 4 engaging main idea and details activities to help students in find theme in any$16.80$21.00Save $4.20
- This resource includes 4 engaging theme analysis activities to help students finding and identifying theme in any text! Great for students practice with finding main idea and key details!There are 4 resources included:Theme Analysis One PagerTheme Analysis Digital FlipbooksTheme Analysis BrochureThe$12.40$15.50Save $3.10
- A comprehensive resource with a variety of literary analysis worksheets, graphic organizers and activities for finding main idea and supporting details, teaching theme, identifying theme, indirect and direct characterization, character traits and character development. There are 11 resources include$36.80$46.00Save $9.20
- A comprehensive resource with a variety of literary analysis activities for finding main idea and supporting details, teaching theme, identifying theme, indirect and direct characterization, character traits and character development. There are 8 resources included in this bundle:Theme Analysis Digi$24.80$31.00Save $6.20
- Comprehensive bundle of high school english and middle school english resources for the entire school year: back to school activities, classroom management strategies, theme analysis, character analysis, fall activities, winter activities and holiday lesson plans.This 800+ page bundle containing res$110.40$138.00Save $27.60
- A bundle of ELA activities that can be used for any text focusing on character analysis, characterization, identifying theme, finding the main idea and supporting details, summarizing activities, constructed response and persuasive writing.This bundle includes 12 resources:Chapter Summary One PagerO$34.40$43.00Save $8.60
In this engaging finding theme analysis activity students create a brochure showcasing their understanding of a major lesson/message they believe has developed throughout the text. Included in this resource are two brochure options: bi-fold brochure or a tri-fold brochure. Rubrics are also included!
TWO Brochure Options: Bi- Fold OR Tri-Fold which include:
1. Planning Sheet
Students review the difference between a theme topic (main idea repeated throughout the text that is usually one word) and theme statement (sentence stating the message/lesson the author tries to teach the reader through the theme topic).
Students choose a theme topic and then use a guideline to create a theme statement. Students then identify events and characters that relate to the theme statement.
2. Student Directions
Directions for both the bi-fold and tri-fold option are given. Students include information such as:
- Events and characters related to the theme topic or theme statement
- Explanations of how events and characters help to develop the theme
- Create a symbol they feel best represents the theme
- Evidence from the text to support their analysis
A rubric both the bi-fold and tri-fold option are given. Grading criteria includes cover page, content pages, events, characters, symbols.motifs, visual images and creativity!
File Type: PDF
Total Pages: 15
Content Pages: 5
Resources That Might Interest You:
☆ Be sure to follow my store to be alerted about new products.
☆ Want to earn TPT credits that can get you a discount on your next purchase? Don't forget to leave feedback!