Also included in
- This resource contains a variety of theme worksheets and theme graphic organizers to help students practice identifying theme in individual texts AND analyzing a shared theme between two different texts! There are also 4 engaging main idea and details activities to help students in find theme in any$16.80$21.00Save $4.20
- This resource includes 4 engaging theme analysis activities to help students finding and identifying theme in any text! Great for students practice with finding main idea and key details!There are 4 resources included:Theme Analysis One PagerTheme Analysis Digital FlipbooksTheme Analysis BrochureThe$12.40$15.50Save $3.10
- A comprehensive resource with a variety of literary analysis worksheets, graphic organizers and activities for finding main idea and supporting details, teaching theme, identifying theme, indirect and direct characterization, character traits and character development. There are 11 resources include$36.80$46.00Save $9.20
- A comprehensive resource with a variety of literary analysis activities for finding main idea and supporting details, teaching theme, identifying theme, indirect and direct characterization, character traits and character development. There are 8 resources included in this bundle:Theme Analysis Digi$24.80$31.00Save $6.20
- Comprehensive bundle of high school english and middle school english resources for the entire school year: back to school activities, classroom management strategies, theme analysis, character analysis, fall activities, winter activities and holiday lesson plans.This 800+ page bundle containing res$110.40$138.00Save $27.60
- A bundle of ELA activities that can be used for any text focusing on character analysis, characterization, identifying theme, finding the main idea and supporting details, summarizing activities, constructed response and persuasive writing.This bundle includes 12 resources:Chapter Summary One PagerO$34.40$43.00Save $8.60
This theme analysis activity tasks students with identifying theme, main idea and supporting details, characters and events that help develop the theme, as well as create a visual representation of the theme!
They do all of this in fun and creative way - a paper tent! Have you ever had your students create name tents during the beginning of the school year? Well imagine them doing the same thing except they use the tent to visualize their analysis of a theme in the text!
Print and digital versions available for some resources!
- Google™ Slides
- Compatible with Easel by TpT
Includes a resource to help students understand theme vs. main idea, a planning sheet for their tent and 2 different templates for the theme analysis tent!:
1. Theme Resource
Students often struggle with understanding the difference between a main idea
(theme topic) and the theme (a message or lesson the author tries to teach the reader through the main idea).
That is why I included a resource that helps students identify a theme topic and then use that topic to create a theme statement (message/lesson of the text)!
2. Planning Sheet
Tasks students with identifying a theme topic, creating a theme statement, and identify characters and events that relate to the theme, to help students prepare for what they will include in their theme analysis text.
- Template one focuses on events that relate to the theme. There are two versions.
- Template two focuses on characters that relate to the theme.
Each version comes with a copy that either focuses on students analyzing a theme topic OR a theme statement!
File Type: PDF & Google Slides
Total Pages: 30
Content Pages: 18
Resources That Might Interest You:
☆ Be sure to follow my store to be alerted about new products.
☆ Want to earn TPT credits that can get you a discount on your next purchase? Don't forget to leave feedback!