Also included in
- Looking for fun and engaging Halloween writing activities and poetry writing? This resource includes activities for black out poetry, figurative language practice, imagery analysis, and short story writing!There are 3 activities included in this bundle!Halloween Party Menu using ImageryFairy Tale to$11.20$14.00Save $2.80
- These fun and engaging Halloween activities and Thanksgiving activities for middle and high school will have your students practicing poetry writing, finding the main idea and supporting details, identifying theme, writing short stories, figurative language and more!There are 7 activities plus a bon$21.20$26.50Save $5.30
- Exhausted trying to figure out what to do for back to school activities? Trouble with classroom management strategies? Need activities and lessons for finding theme and and character analysis? Need fall and winter holiday lesson plans? Check out this 290+ page bundle containing resources for:- Back$110.20$137.75Save $27.55
- These fun and engaging Holiday activities for middle and high school will have your students practicing growth mindset, writing, imagery, poetry and more! Including activities for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Black History Month, and Valentines Day, this bundle is just what you nee$44.00$55.00Save $11.00
A fun and engaging figurative language practice activity where students learn about imagery and the five senses by creating a Halloween themed party menu! There are figurative language worksheets included for students to:
- Learn how to define imagery and identify the five senses.
- Practice identifying examples of imagery by analyzing the menu of their favorite restaurant!
- Put a Halloween spin on the food descriptions they find in the menu of their favorite restaurant (For example, vanilla ice cream becomes vanilla mice cream!)
- Create their own halloween party food menu describing their favorite foods... with a scary twist!
Print and digital versions available!
- Google™ Slides
- Compatible with Easel by TpT
Get this activity and more in my Halloween Activities Bundle!
1. Four pages of Teacher Directions
- Focuses on defining imagery, identifying the five senses and examples of attention grabbing words used to describe food.
3. Info Sheet detailing the types of imagery and the five senses.
- Visual - Sight
- Olfactory - Smell
- Gustatory - Taste
- Tactile - Touch
- Auditory - Hearing
- Kinesthetic - Movement
- Organic - Emotion
4. List of 51 attention grabbing words to describe food to help students not only create their menu, but put a Halloween twist on the descriptions!
- For example, students can use words such as spine-chilling, bloodcurdling, or ghastly, to put a Halloween spin on traditional food descriptions on a menu.
5. Worksheet for students to practice identifying examples of imagery and the sense(s) being appealed to. Students will analyze the menu of their favorite restaurant, identifying attention grabbing words to describe the food (imagery) and the sense(s) being appealed to. They will then have to practice putting a Halloween twist to the original menu description.
Look at the example below!
- Traditional description: Gigantic melt in your mouth fudge brownie topped with decadent vanilla bean ice cream, drizzled with chocolate syrup.
- Halloween twist: A petrifyingly big, scorch your tongue fudge brownie, topped with chill-you-to-the-bone vanilla mice cream and slimy gummy worms! R.I.P to your taste buds!
6. Students create their own Halloween party menu using imagery to describe their favorite foods... with a scary twist!
7. Rubric included
8. Two Menu Templates
File Type: PDF & Google Slides
Total Pages: 25
Content Pages: 19
Resources That Might Interest You:
☆ Be sure to follow my store to be alerted about new products.
☆ Want to earn TPT credits that can get you a discount on your next purchase? Don't forget to leave feedback!