Also included in
- Awesome Of Mice and Men unit plan bundle with over 200 pages worth of lessons and activities (resources for every chapter)! Includes a bonus Of Mice and Men unit test with answer key!There are 11 activities plus a bonus included in this bundle:Introduction Research ProjectChapter 1: Character Analys$28.00$35.00Save $7.00
In this engaging Of Mice and Men activity, students analyze Steinbeck's use of imagery and create their own description of a nature scene mimicking Steinbeck's writing style. Great for figurative language practice, teaching imagery and the five senses, and for writing activities!
- Analyze the opening of chapter 1 (the nature scene).
- Learn the definition of imagery and its relation to the 5 senses.
- Identify examples of imagery and which of the 5 senses are being appealed to.
- Analyze Steinbeck's writing style through his use of imagery.
- Analyze a nature scene so that students can create their own description of it using Steinbeck's writing style/incorporating imagery.
Get this activity and more in my Of Mice and Men Bundle!
Print and digital versions available!
- Google™ Slides
- Compatible with Easel by TpT
1. Teacher Directions
- Students assess their background knowledge on imagery.
3. Passage Analysis
- Students analyze the opening of chapter 1 (nature description) identifying examples of imagery.
- Students analyze how Steinbeck uses imagery to establish time (season/time of day) and place (setting).
4. Nature Scene Analysis
- A picture of a nature scene is provided for students to analyze.
- Students create examples of imagery describing the image.
5. Mimic Steinbeck's Writing Style Worksheet
- Students write a description of the image using Steinbeck's writing style (specifically focusing on his use of imagery to describe nature and to create a sense of time and place).
- Details what the students are supposed to include in their description of the nature scene.
File Type: Zip file with PDF, Word Docs & link to Google Slides
Editable: Partially - One Word doc and one slide in the Digital Version is editable.
Total Pages: 36
Content Pages: 26
FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO OPEN A ZIP FILE:
Resources That Might Interest You:
☆ Be sure to follow my store to be alerted about new products.
☆ Want to earn TPT credits that can get you a discount on your next purchase? Don't forget to leave feedback!