Also included in
- This one pager bundle includes activities for books, plays, research and current events! This activity is great for teaching theme, character analysis, main idea and supporting details as well as summarizing!There are 7 activities included in this bundle!One Pager for theme analysisOne Pager for ch$22.80$28.50Save $5.70
- Have students show their understanding and knowledge of books and plays they read with this creative ELA one pager activity bundle! This activity is great for teaching theme, character analysis, main idea and supporting details as well as summarizing!There are 4 activities included in this bundle!On$13.20$16.50Save $3.30
- This resource contains a variety of theme worksheets and theme graphic organizers to help students practice identifying theme in individual texts AND analyzing a shared theme between two different texts! There are also 4 engaging main idea and details activities to help students in find theme in any$16.80$21.00Save $4.20
- This resource includes 4 engaging theme analysis activities to help students finding and identifying theme in any text! Great for students practice with finding main idea and key details!There are 4 resources included:Theme Analysis One PagerTheme Analysis Digital FlipbooksTheme Analysis BrochureThe$12.40$15.50Save $3.10
- A comprehensive resource with a variety of literary analysis worksheets, graphic organizers and activities for finding main idea and supporting details, teaching theme, identifying theme, indirect and direct characterization, character traits and character development. There are 11 resources include$36.80$46.00Save $9.20
- A comprehensive resource with a variety of literary analysis activities for finding main idea and supporting details, teaching theme, identifying theme, indirect and direct characterization, character traits and character development. There are 8 resources included in this bundle:Theme Analysis Digi$24.80$31.00Save $6.20
- Comprehensive bundle of high school english and middle school english resources for the entire school year: back to school activities, classroom management strategies, theme analysis, character analysis, fall activities, winter activities and holiday lesson plans.This 800+ page bundle containing res$110.40$138.00Save $27.60
- A bundle of ELA activities that can be used for any text focusing on character analysis, characterization, identifying theme, finding the main idea and supporting details, summarizing activities, constructed response and persuasive writing.This bundle includes 12 resources:Chapter Summary One PagerO$34.40$43.00Save $8.60
This fun and engaging finding the main idea one pager activity will help if you are struggling teaching theme or help your students understand identifying themes and main idea and supporting details! This finding the authors purpose worksheet can be used to analyze a book, short story, poem, article, passage/excerpt or other text!
- Learn what a theme is as well as the difference between theme topics and a theme statement.
- Identify multiple theme topics they believe are repeated through a text
- Create a theme statement showing the message/lesson they believe the author is repeating throughout the text.
- Create a one pager focusing on how the author developed the theme.
Get this activity and more in my One Pager Activity Bundle for Books, Plays, Articles, Research Topics & About Me!
Print and digital versions available!
- Google™ Slides
- Compatible with Easel by TpT
1. Theme Info Sheet defining theme topic vs theme statement.
- Theme topic: broad repeated throughout (ex: adventure)
- Theme statement: message/lesson the author reveals through the theme topic (ex: Adventure can sometimes keep you from the people you love the most.)
2. Theme Analysis
- Guide that helps students identify theme topics repeated in the text and create a theme statement showing the message/lesson they believe the reader can learn from the text.
- Students also identify specific events from the text that relate to the theme statement.
3. One Pager Rubric
4. Seven One Pager templates students can use to create their one pager!
- Digital versions of the templates are also included!
5. SEVENTEEN Student Examples of One Pagers!
- 6 examples for a one pager focusing on theme
- 5 examples for a one pager focusing on an act/scene summary from a play
- 6 examples for a one pager focusing on a research topic/historical figure
File Type: PDF & Google Slides
Total Pages: 55
Content Pages: 32
Resources That Might Interest You:
☆ Be sure to follow my store to be alerted about new products.
☆ Want to earn TPT credits that can get you a discount on your next purchase? Don't forget to leave feedback!