Products in this Bundle (3)
Great digital and print Romeo & Juliet activities worksheets and graphic organizers where students can analyze themes and characters in the text in fun and engaging ways!
This bundle includes:
1. One pager activities for themes, characterization and summaries
2. Theme Analysis Worksheets and Graphic Organizers
3. Character Analysis Worksheets and Graphic Organizers
Print and digital versions available!
- Google™ Slides
- Compatible with Easel™ by TpT
ONE PAGER ACTIVITIES
Engaging Romeo and Juliet print and digital one-pager activities for to help students analyze characters and themes as well as summarize acts and summaries of the play
A one-pager is a simple page response allowing students to creatively and imaginatively showcase their understanding of a text.
This resource has 5 different one-pager activities! Each one pager comes with a planning sheet to help students before they create their one-pager.
1. Character Analysis One-Pager
- Focuses on indirect and direct characterization to determine the personality/type of person the character is. Students also identify the characters hopes, dreams, fears, motivations and more!
2. Character Development One-Pager
- Focuses on how a character changes from the beginning-middle-end of the text. Students also identify major events and other characters that influence/develop the change.
3. Theme Analysis One-Pager
- Focuses on identifying a theme topic or theme statement that is present throughout the text.
- Theme Info Sheet also included that defines theme and explains the difference between a theme topic and a theme statement.
- List of 16 possible theme topics. For example, marriage, duty, passion over reason, etc.
- Examples focusing on the theme topic Love and Relationships, more specifically: How specific characters view love, relationships and marriage from Act One.
4. Act & Scene Summary One-Pagers
- Students can identify important events from either the act or a specific scene and create a visual representation of their summary through the one-pager.
5. 11 Student examples
6. Rubric for each one pager
7. Seven One Pager templates students can use to create their one pager!
THEME ANALYSIS WORKSHEETS AND GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS
- Learn the difference between a theme topic (usually 1-2 words) and a theme statement (message/lesson)
- Identify theme topics repeated throughout the text
- Create a theme statement showcasing a lesson/message they believe is repeated.
- Identify evidence to support their theme topics/theme statement
1. Theme Analysis Info and Planning Sheet
- Defines theme and explains the difference between theme topics and theme statements as well as how to create a theme statement using a theme topic.
- Mind map to help students brainstorm theme topics they believe are present in Romeo & Juliet.
2. Theme Graphic Organizer
- Students use their theme topic to create a theme statement and identify 4 pieces of evidence showing it is present throughout Romeo & Juliet.
3. Practice Activity
- Students are given examples focusing on the theme topic Love and Relationships.
- The examples are in the for of textual evidence for specific characters that show how the specific characters view love, relationships and marriage.
- Students use those examples to create a theme statement about the Love and Relationships (i.e Students asks themselves: What lesson/message is Shakespeare trying to teach the reader about Love/Relationships?)
4. List of 16 Theme topic ideas
5. Answer Keys
- Three answer keys using multiple texts identifying a theme statement present and evidence showing the theme statement.
CHARACTER ANALYSIS WORKSHEETS AND GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS
- Learn the difference between indirect and direct characterization
- Analyze physical traits, actions/behaviors, private thoughts, speech, impact on others, other characters opinions and what all of this reveals about the character they are analyzing
1. Character Analysis Info and Planning Sheet
- Define indirect vs direct characterization and details the 5 methods of indirect characterization.
- Mind map to help students identify characters they believe develop and change throughout the text.
2. Indirect and Direct Characterization Worksheets and graphic organizer
- Focuses on students identifying how the author reveals details about characters through indirect and direct characterization. This enables students to learn about the characters personality, hopes, dreams, fears and more!
4. Three Answer Keys
File Type: PDF & Google Slides
Content Pages: 74
FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO OPEN A ZIP FILE:
Resources That Might Interest You:
☆ Be sure to follow my store to be alerted about new products.
☆ Want to earn TPT credits that can get you a discount on your next purchase? Don't forget to leave feedback!