Also included in
- Great resources for To Kill a Mockingbird unit where students can analyze themes and characters in the text in fun and engaging ways!This bundle includes:Argumentative Essay: TKAM Trial AnalysisOne pager activities for themes, characterization and summariesTheme Analysis Worksheets and Graphic Organ$13.60$17.00Save $3.40
To Kill a Mockingbird movie activity helping students unpack and analyze the Tom Robinson trial! Students begin by closely analyzing each testimony to gather evidence and the facts of the case. They will then use that analysis to write an argumentative essay claiming Tom Robinson is innocent. Please note: This resource uses the movie version of TKAM for the trial.
- Watch the Tom Robinson trial
- Analyze the testimonies to identify evidence for the prosecution and the defense.
- Write an argumentative essay detailing why Tom Robinson is innocent.
Get this activity and more in my To Kill a Mockingbird Resource Bundle!
Print and digital versions available!
- Google™ Slides
- Compatible with Easel by TpT
1. Teacher Directions
2. Trial Analysis
- Critical thinking questions for students to analyze the testimonies offered by each character:
- Sherriff Heck Tate
- Bob Ewell
- Mayella Ewell
- Tom Robinson
- An answer key for the analysis questions is provided!
2. Evidence Breakdown
- Students use their analysis to list every piece of evidence that they believe proves Tom's innocence.
- An answer key is provided listing specific pieces of evidence that show Tom's innocence.
3. Argumentative Essay
- Students use the analysis and the evidence breakdown to write a five paragraph essay claiming that Tom Robinson is innocent.
- An essay outline sheet is provided to help students structure and create their final essay.
File Type: PDF & Google Slides
Total Pages: 36
Content Pages: 26
Resources That Might Interest You:
☆ Be sure to follow my store to be alerted about new products.
☆ Want to earn TPT credits that can get you a discount on your next purchase? Don't forget to leave feedback!