Printable Calm Down Corner for Self Regulation
Also included in
- A calm corner is an essential social emotional learning tool for every K-3 elementary classroom. If you need to create a space where students can learn to independently manage their feelings and use coping tools, this calm corner is it. The calm down corner is set up to step-by-step guide students tPrice $8.80Original Price $16.00Save $7.20
- Get 5 self regulation and social emotional learning tools you can use daily with elementary students. This includes an interactive calm corner, brain breaks, yoga cards, feelings posters, and reflection sheets. This bundle will make SEL a seamless part of your classroom community. Create a calm cornPrice $13.20Original Price $25.00Save $11.80
If you need to create a space where students can learn to independently manage their feelings and use strategies, this calm corner kit with is it. A calm down corner is an essential social-emotional learning tool for every K-3 elementary classroom.
The resource is set up to step by step guide students through self-regulation. They identify feelings, choose calming strategies, reflect on how it worked and decided if they are ready to return to learning.
Save when you buy the Calm Corner Bundle! A complete set of visuals and materials to get your calm corner set up in your classroom or office.
HOW IT WORKS
There are four customizable parts of your calm corner: calm corner sign, feelings visuals, calming strategies, and a calm down poster. Each part is provided in multiple variations so you can make the calm corner work best for your classroom.
Do you have a specific name for your calm corner? There are 15 different names based on teacher feedback.
Do you want students to interact with the materials? There are options to use velcro with any of the materials so students get hands on.
Want to keep it simple? There are materials provided with fewer feelings and strategies to support younger students.
PARTS OF A CALM CORNER
- 15 Different Signs based on customer feedback. See preview above for the different names included. Please contact me with any additional requests.
- Calm Down Steps Poster: This poster shows students the 4-Step Process for calming down.
- Feelings Posters and Cards: 27 feelings and emotions.
- Calming Strategy Posters and Cards: 15 calming strategies.
- Portable Social Narrative Booklet with the steps for the break spot.
- Suggested Calm Corner Materials List
- * Calming Strategies Survey
- * I Need Student Form
- * Breathing Exercises
- * Mindful Minutes
- * Positive Affirmations
- * Happy Thought Prompts
- * Drawing Prompts
*Added August 2021 - Please Redownload
Calm Corners do not work perfectly right away. There are six guides included to teach students the routines that will make the spot run smoothly:
- How to go to the break spot.
- What to do in the break spot.
- How to use different calming strategies.
- How to know when you are ready to return.
- How to rejoin the group.
- What to do when someone is in the break spot.
Components provided in color, black and white, portrait format, and simplified for younger students.
** Want the Digital version? Grab the Print & Digital Calm Corner Bundle for $1 more!
** Need this and more? Grab the Self Regulation Toolkit with yoga cards, calm corner, reflection sheets, feelings posters.
What Teachers Think
"The "Take a Break" spot is one of the most-used areas of my classroom. I like that students have to identify their feelings and find a strategy that will help them calm down. If you're thinking of having a cooldown area in your classroom, I would highly recommend this product!"
"I love the visuals that are on this product. My kinders come back to learning with a clear mind after a minute or two in the calm down corner."
"It is convenient and I love items that kids can not only utilize to calm down but are hands on so they can take more ownership of their feelings."
"Why didn't I buy this sooner?! So many options for how to print and use and a great resource. Taught how to use it in a first grade room and students love it!"
Social Emotional Workshop (c) 2015-2021