Jack O' Lantern numbers are cute numbers that your students will love. These numbers can be used in a variety of ways to help students practice assorted math problems. These numbers are in color. All you have to do is print them out, cut out and use! A preview file is available if you would like to see the activity before you buy. Just click the download preview button at the top of the page.
If you prefer to have these in grayscale see my other listing http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Printable-Math-Assorted-Activities-Jack-O-Lantern-Numbers-903118
-size: 7.17 by 7.987 inches
-color: full color
-file type: pdf
Number of Players:
Varies depending on how you used the numbers.
Suggested Ways to Use:
1.Go to the local grocery store and buy pumpkin seeds. Then give the student a jack o’ lantern and have them count out the number of seeds to match the number on the jack o’ lantern.
2.Use the numbers to created math problems. For example: lay out the Jack O' Lanterns 1 + 2 = and have the student find the Jack O' Lantern that will solve the equation. You can also use the seeds with this activity. Have the student place the correct number of seed above or below the pumpkins, then have them count how many seeds they have to find the correct answer. I have included pumpkins with the signs for adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing but have only used the seeds with adding and subtracting.
3. Place the jack o’ lanterns with the words even and odd on the floor and have the students sort the numbers based on even and odd.
4. Place the numbers on the floor. Then call out a number and have the student hop on the correct number. If they get it right, they remain in the game. Get it wrong and they are out. Last student standing wins.
5. Use the jack o’ lanterns to practice greater than or less than. For example: lay out the jack o' lanterns 2 ? 4 and have student place the jack o’ lantern with the correct symbol over the question mark jack o’ lantern.
6. Use the jack o’ lanterns to create patterns for the students to solve. For example: lay out the jack o' lanterns 2, 4, 6, 8,?. Then have the student place the correct number over the question mark jack o’ lantern.
Included in this 116 page download:
-1 cover page
-101 pages with Jack O' Lanterns numbered 0 to 100
-4 pages with Jack O' Lanterns with the math symbols for adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
- 2 pages with symbols for greater than & less than
- 2 pages with Jack O' Lanterns labeled even & odd
- 1 page with a question mark Jack O' Lantern
- 1 page with an equal sign Jack O' Lantern
- 4 pages with directions/suggestions for use
Be sure and check out my store for more great resources!