Just where do all those missing pencils go in a classroom? Read along and find out how a few friends learn what happens in their desks when they aren't looking. In this unique book the READER is the illustrator!
NEW: THIS IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR IPADS! GO THE iBOOKSTORE AND SEARCH FOR PENCIL MONSTER! MY STUDENTS LOVE IT!
I've been teaching for 13 years and have always joked with my students that little monsters must come take their pencils at night. A few years ago, I decided to write the story down as an example during a story writing lesson and then my kids illustrated it. It turned out to be a fun group project!
I've since had some teacher friends use my story in the following
1. Tests for reading comprehension by checking the students' pictures.
2. Extra credit work.
3. Fun class project - The whole class can list themselves as the illustrator on the cover!
4. Work for early finishers.
5. Homework for parents who request extra work.
6. To inspire students to make a similar project during author's fairs.