“Priscilla and the Wimps” is a timeless story about bullying. Nearly forty years after it was published, students still find its message to be powerful.
This story is truly engaging and a great way to allow your students to practice applying their knowledge of reading and literary skills, as well as their knowledge of literary elements. There are more pieces in this bundle than you could possibly use in one year with the intention of allowing you to differentiate and meet the needs of your students from year to year. There are also enough resources to allow you to give students choice and to have students work on skills that they need additional practice on.
There are graphic organizers, games, writing tasks, foldables, and a variety of other resources included here.
Most pages are also included WITH and WITHOUT learning targets and the CCSS standard on the printable. You can use this feature, or print the page that does NOT have this details listed.
Cover nearly all of the literature standards while engaging your students in fun and engaging tasks. They will love what they’re doing and they’ll be learning while doing it!
Check out the preview to get a glimpse at the materials that are included. Please ask any questions you may have prior to purchase. Thank you!
Materials Included in this Resource-
Printable Board Game for Priscilla and the Wimps:
• Board Game Directions
• 20 Question Cards
• Hall Pass Game Pieces
• Monk Money Printable
• Printable Game Board
• Claims and Rubric
• Inferences and Success Criteria
• Ideas Developed about Monk with Rubric
• Ideas Developed in the Text with Rubric
• Summary Graphic Organizer, Writing Task, and Rubric
• Theme Flip Book and Rubric
• Character Compare and Contrast Interactive Notebook Piece
• Characterization Profiles
• Comparing and Contrasting Characters Venn Diagram
• Conflict Graphic Organizer and Rubric
• Key Events Mini-Book
• Kobras Characterization Organizer and Rubric
• Priscilla Characterization Organizer and Rubric
• 10 Slide Vocabulary PowerPoint (Definitions and Synonyms)
• Vocabulary Word Map
• Vocabulary Practice Worksheet
• Vocabulary Pictionary Game
• Vocabulary Battleship Game
• Vocabulary Acrostic Poem Activity
• Vocabulary Story Writing Activity
• Figurative Language PowerPoint Game
• Point of View Graphic Organizer and Rubric
Writing and Engaging Activities:
• Monk Klutter’s Journal (W.6.1)
• Priscilla and the Wimps Cootie Catcher
• Road Signs Creation (to warn about halls)
• Social Media as a Character (Twitter and Instagram)
• Student Council President Poster Template and Rubric
Check out my other best-selling literature bundles!
• "All Summer in a Day" by Ray Bradbury
• "Eleven" by Sandra Cisneros
• "Thank You, Mr. Falker" by Patricia Polacco
• "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore"
• "The Hitchhiker" by Lucille Fletcher
• "The Scribe" by Kristin Hunter
• "Dark They Were, and Golden-Eyed" by Ray Bradbury
• "The Stranger" by Chris VanAllsburg
• "Tuck Everlasting" Novel Bundle by Natalie Babbit