This activity serves as a summary of a unit on Probability. In the five centers, students will practice the following concepts:
1. Tree diagrams
2. Venn diagrams
3. Replacement vs. Non-replacement
4. Probability grids
Student Answer Sheet
1. Before beginning the lesson, I would recommend backing the centers on construction paper and laminating them so that they will withstand the use of multiple class periods. Depending on your students, your own preference, and general classroom management, you may either have the centers posted around the room and the students move to the centers, or you may have the students stay in their desks and rotate the centers among the groups.
2. Copy a class set of the Student Answer Sheets. (Recommend to copy double-sided.)
3. Organize the students in small groups, preferably 3 to 4 students in each group. To maintain small groups, you may want to copy duplicate copies of the centers. This way, multiple groups can be working on the same center.
4. Students should record their answers to the centers in the corresponding areas of the answer sheet.
5. Students may need 4-6 minutes per center. A kitchen timer is a great way to keep track of the time!
An answer key is included for easy grading!
For additional resources for probability, check out:
Unit Test on Probability – Multiple Choice
Probability: Combinations & Permutations - Riddle Worksheet