Grade 6 Ontario Math Curriculum
Curriculm Expectations Covered by Product
1. express theoretical probability as a ratio of the number of favourable outcomes to the total number of possible outcomes, where all outcomes are equally likely.
2. represent the probability of an event using a value from the range of 0 (never happens or impossible) to 1 (always happens or certain).
3. predict the frequency of an outcome of a simple probability experiment or game, by calculating and using the theoretical probability of that outcome.
The product includes:
1. A Powerpoint Presentation
2. Student Notes Version of Powerpoint
3. 4 Blackline Masters
This product is meant to be used as a visual aid when teaching Probability. It will help the teacher organize their lesson/unit plans for this math strand and simultaneously help students to follow their teacher’s lessons by providing a visual reference to all the information. The resource will guide your students through the main topics that they need to learn to cover the curriculum expectations. Topics included are:
1. What is Probability?
2. How to Express Probability
3. Theoretical Probability
4. Experimental Probability
5. Combined Events - Using Tree Diagrams to Track Probability
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.