Practice probability through critical thinking with this math journal. It covers VA SOLs 4.13a, 4.13b, and 5.14.
Includes six journal pages in which students must evaluate and correct common mistakes when determining the probability of a given event and represent that probability in a variety of ways.
- Journal 1- Correctly use probability vocabulary (likely, unlikely, certain, impossible) to edit sentences about the likelihood of different events.
- Journal 2- Review geometry and probability by determining the probability of different outcomes on a spinner with various polygons.
- Journal 3- Correctly place probability vocabulary words and given events on a number line from 0 to 1 representing the probability.
- Journal 4- Solve multi-step probability word problems and use visuals to represent solutions.
- Journal 5- Evaluate and correct tree diagrams to show the probability of different outcomes.
- Journal 6- Represent the various outcomes of a given situation using a tree diagram and write questions related to the diagrams.
These journals go beyond basic practice as students evaluate and determine the probability of different situations using numbers and visual representations. Use in math centers, small groups, or as homework. Great for independent or partner work to facilitate interactive math talk in your classroom. Ready to print! Answer key included! NO PREP!
Save time and money by purchasing this math journal as part of a BUNDLE!
Math Journals for 4th and 5th Grade Mega BUNDLE
Check out View from Fourth's other data math journals:
Graphing and Data Math Journal BUNDLE
Data and Measures of Central Tendency Math Journal
Bar Graph Math Journal
Graphing Numeric Data Math Journal