Jump into the March Madness tournament to apply probability concepts to a real-world application. Great for your sports loving students. Students explore probability first by determining the probability that a team will win. Students, further, weight teams based on historical data and/or team statistics.
This set of activities is appropriate to use as an introduction to probability or as a culminating activity for a probability unit.
More than just the application of probability, this plan allows students to problem solve, work cooperatively and individually, play with pie graphs, explore percentages, and be creative.
NOTE: This product was updated 1/16/16.
Other probability products include:
- Probability Word Problems Practice and Review
- Probability: Practice and Review
- Probability: Real-world Math - Genetics and Dragons
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Math)
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.