Also included in
- Self-directed learning in the classroom or homeschool is a great way to gain content knowledge and build 21st-century skills simultaneously. This bundle includes five student-directed learning tool kits: Scientific open inquiryProject-based learningProblem-based learningMaker projectsService-learninPrice $30.15Original Price $33.50Save $3.35
- Teaching 21st-century skills doesn't have to be an extra task. What if your students could learn content and develop 21st century skills at the same time without you having to overthink it or over plan? This resource is a bundle of 21st century skills learning activity tool kits that organically incPrice $43.65Original Price $48.50Save $4.85
- Are you looking for open-ended homeschool or classroom experiential learning activity resources for any and all subjects or targets? Or maybe you're interested in adding experiential learning activity experiences to your classroom or homeschool curriculum but aren't sure how to facilitate it, don'tPrice $49.05Original Price $54.50Save $5.45
- Resource Description:This bundle includes all of the templates, guiding materials, and planning materials for high school self-directed project-based learning, problem-based learning, and scientific open-inquiry experiences. All tool kits included in this bundle:Have a printable and digital optionCaPrice $18.45Original Price $20.50Save $2.05
- Are you looking for real-world problem solving activities for teens without sacrificing your own time to pull materials together? If so, this problem based learning curriculum tool kits bundle is for you!This bundle engages students in real-world problem solving with problem-based learning tool kitsPrice $12.80Original Price $16.00Save $3.20
This problem-based learning curriculum for high school students is a student-directed learning approach. Students identify (or are given) a real-world problem that cannot be understood with a quick Google search nor solved overnight. Students investigate the problem, the various sources of the problem, solutions that already exist, and develop novel solutions of their own.
This toolkit consists of several blank templates and guiding materials to help students through the problem and develop a plan. This toolkit includes blank templates. There is not a specific problem given. You or your students will identify a real-world problem and your students will investigate and solve the problem using the guiding materials included here.
- Description of the problem - because this is a toolkit for any problem-based learning activity, you will write a description of a problem of your choosing.
- Activity planner
- Concept map/organizers
- Presentation/proposal checklist
This self-directed, problem-based learning tool kit is Google Apps™ compatible. This resource includes a printable AND digital version. The digital version can be assigned to students via Google Classroom™ where students can add and share their content with you. No printing necessary.
Note: The PDF is not editable. The digital version offers the option to overlay text and images and to remove or delete slides to fit your needs.
This resource is student-directed. In the project design process, students have the flexibility to add concepts or questions that they would like to explore. If you have specific standards that you need to cover, ask students to add those benchmarks to their project plan.
If you like this product, check out these other related products from Experiential Learning Depot:
Check out these helpful FREE resources:
- Experiential Learning Activity Tools Free Mini-Bundle - this bundle includes a problem-based learning spreadsheet to help manage student projects
- Free Project Assessment e-Portfolio
For assistance with this resource, check out some of these blog posts from ELD:
- Transformative methods of student-directed learning
- What does the teacher do in a student-directed classroom?
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star to get email notifications about updates, new resources, sales, and freebies.
- Join my newsletter.
- Find me on my blog – Experiential Learning Depot
- Let's get social! Experiential Learning Depot on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
- Join the experience in my Facebook Group - Experiential Learning Community for k-12 Teachers
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - firstname.lastname@example.org