This problem and solution passage and Black Panther movie activities guide help students practice identifying problems and solutions in stories. This supplemental superhero reading passage is told as a hip-hop song where King T'Challa, the Black Panther superhero, is parodied, transforming him into a teacher. Using events from the Marvel movie, teacher T'Challa explains to students the problems he faces as the King of Wakanda and as the Black Panther superhero and the solutions he has for those problems. The song for this activity can be accessed on YouTube for students to listen to.
Listen with subtitles on YouTube!
This resource includes:
- the song lyrics
- multiple-choice comprehension questions with the answer key
- a problem and solution multiple-choice activity based on the Black Panther movie and comic book characters in the song with the answer key
- multiple-choice synonyms and antonyms questions with the answer key
- a writing activity for identifying problems and solutions in the song
- a problem and solution text structure writing activity
- a creative writing activity in which King T'Challa, the Black Panther himself, challenges students to think of solutions to real-world problems.
How to use this resource:
- Students will preview the comprehension questions on pages 1 and 2 then listen to the song while following along with the lyrics on pages 3 and 4.
- Next, students will answer the comprehension questions on pages 1 and 2.
- Students will then complete the remaining activities that are outlined above.
- The answer keys are located on pages 11 - 15.
*Click here to follow our store for updates!*
Get monthly freebies!
Get a custom-made song for free!
You may also like:
Marvel Comics' Black Panther Reading Comprehension Superhero Themed Lessons bundle
Fiction vs Nonfiction Worksheet Activity Black Panther Comic Superhero Reading with Song
Fun Reading Comprehension Activities: Moana Movie Worksheets & Moana Activities
James Armistead & General Lafayette in The American Revolution Reading Activity with Song
Sequence of Events Nonfiction Reading Passages Using History Songs Bundle #1
Black History Reading Comprehension Passages with Questions and Songs Bundle #1
*Leave a review if you liked our product.*
*Disclaimer: Rap Opera for Kids is not affiliated with the Disney or Marvel brands in any way. Rap Opera for Kids provides educational commentary, parody, and criticism of popular works in order to supplement classroom instruction.
*Music production credit: Brandon Coffer