Vikings were a sea faring, warlike people. They would travel long distances in their boats to raid villages and cities. In the case of this puzzle, four Vikings are seasick at the front of the boat and need to swap with the four smelly Vikings at the back.
- To practise the problem solving skill of constant manipulation.
What you need:
4 counters of one colour (I like to use chess pawns)
4 counters of a different colour
1 game board
1. Place four counters of the same colour on the shields of the sick (green faced) Vikings.
2. Place the other four counters on the shields of the Vikings at the back of the boat.
3. Ensure there is an empty shield in the centre ofthe boat.
1. Counters on the sick Vikings can only move right.
2. Counters on the other Vikings can only move left.
How to Move:
1. A counter can slide to an empty shield directly beside it.
2. Jump over ONE counter of the opposite colour to the next empty shield.
- To swap all the front counters to the back of theboat and the counters at the back to the front.
Something to Aim For:
- It is said this puzzle can be solved in 24 moves.Is this true or false?
- Create the back story of this puzzle.
CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)