These worksheets provide students opportunities to explore combinations of 5 and 10. You can see examples of these on my blog 11-9-13: Solving the Mystery of Mental Math at http://www.flipflopmath.com/blog2013.html.
There are three worksheets:
1. Cookies at the Bakery (2 pages) for solving problems involving combinations of 5
2. Apples and Bananas (2 pages) for solving problems involving combinations of 5
3. Cows and Chickens (1 page) for solving problems involving combinations of 10
The first two worksheets have bonus problems on the back to add an extra challenge.
If you want more information about numeracy development, go to my website at www.flipflopmath.com and check out my blog, teaching ideas, resources, training, and products.
Related resources for ideas and materials for structuring numbers 1 to 20:
*K-2 Math Path for Structuring Numbers 1 to 20 (shared readings and recording sheets)
*K-2 Math Path Quickerssessments for Structuring Numbers 1 to 20 (quick assessments)
* Ten Frames and Dot Patterns Flashcards
* Number Names Math Journal
* Problem Solving with Farmer Bob (Sums of Ten, Doubles, and More)
* Comparing Numbers Worksheet K-5
© Cindy Pray. All rights reserved by creator. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Distributing copies for use by other teachers, classrooms, departments, schools, or school systems is prohibited. This product is intended for classroom and personal use only and may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.