Differentiated high-interest reading activities are all prepared and ready for you to provide rigorous text dependent questions and activities to teach about diversity and problems and solutions that your students will be excited and eager to learn in this week long unit.
CLICK HERE TO SAVE 50% ON MY 31 PICTURE BOOKS READ ALOUD BUNDLE!
This set focuses on the following skills:
• narrative and opinion writing
• learning how to use graphic organizers
• problem and solution
• character traits
• text to self connections
• retelling and sequencing
• antonyms and synonyms
• building vocabulary
• learning how to dig deeper into text
• story comprehension
• word families with -an and -it
• one and two syllable words
• speaking and listening skills
This Read Aloud Includes:
• All About My Close Reads and How to Use and Store Them
• Day One Lesson Plans for K-3rd Grade (Differentiated for each grade)
• Day Two Lesson Plans for K-3rd Grade (Differentiated for each grade)
• Day Three Lesson Plans for K-3rd Grade (Differentiated for each grade)
• Day Four Lesson Plans for K-3rd Grade (Differentiated for each grade)
• Day Five Lesson Plans for K-3rd Grade (Differentiated for each grade)
• Digging Deeper Questions for every page in book
• Student ELA Journal Vocabulary Cards (4 per page)
• Illustrated Vocabulary Cards
• Graphing Information and Ideas
• Colored Yes or No Graphing Questions (8.5 x 11)
• Colored Student Graphing Pieces
• Black and White Yes or No Graphing Question (8.5 x 11)
• Black and White Student Graphing Pieces
• Graphic Organizers (Differentiated)
• Problem and Solution Anchor Charts (8.5 x 11)
• Concept Sorts Instructions
• Concept Phonics and Syllable Activities
• Story Comprehension Cards for Whole and Small Groups(4 per page)
• Cut and Paste Focus Skill Questions
• Flip Tab Covers Focus Skill Questions
• Student Sequence Story Worksheet (2 per page)
• TEST 5 questions with writing and vocabulary assessment with differentiation
• Craft Instructions
• Craftivity and Writing Activity
This Close Read is recommended for Kindergarten through 3rd Grade, but can be used for Struggling ELL students in 4th grader. Lesson Plans are written for EACH GRADE LEVEL K-3RD
guiding each grades lessons and activities.
Other Resources you may be interested in can be found by clicking on the following links.
TOPS and BOTTOMS CLOSE READ LESSONS PLANS and ACTIVITIES for K-3rd GRADE
STAND TALL MOLLY LOU MELLON CLOSE READ
BLENDS and DIGRAPHS I HAVE WHO HAS BUNDLE
ANIMALS AROUND THE WORLD BUNDLE
SEQUENCE POSTERS and STUDENT SET
THE BIGGEST PUMPKIN EVER CLOSE READ
You get HALF OFF ALL MY NEW PRODUCTS the FIRST 24 HOURS POSTED! I am posting NEW PRODUCTS WEEKLY so be sure and CLICK the GREEN STAR by my store name to become a FOLLOWER, and SAVE 50% off my products.
I'd love for you to follow me on INSTAGRAM to get to know the person behind my Oink4PIGTALES store just click the link below.
You can also follow me on my BLOG by clicking on the link below.
To connect with me on Facebook
I hope you and your students enjoy this set!