Students love this interactive lesson! They learn about different social and political problems in the Roman Republic and create their own skits portraying the Republic's issues. They are invariably dramatic, funny, and memorable!
- Create a chart to understand the social conditions of the Roman Republic
- Read about problems faced by different groups of people in the Republic and create skits portraying them
- Discuss the role of Julius Caesar in the evolution from Republic to Empire
- Detailed Common Core compliant lesson plan with Do Now, lecture notes, and class questions
- Chart handout
- Teacher answer key
- Reading for students
- Primary source excerpt with analytical question
Leads perfectly into my lesson Growth of Rome: Republic Becomes Empire
For BIG savings, you may be interested in my "Classical Greece, Rome, and Byzantine Empire Unit Bundle"
GET FREE TPT CREDITS:
If you use this product, please leave a review! Not only is it helpful for me, you can get feedback credits on future purchases! Simply go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Become a follower to be the first to hear about flash freebies, discounts, and new products!