Use the popular form of DIY how-to videos, to engage your students in the most fun they have had in writing all year! After this in-person or distance learning project, you can check off procedural writing, media creation, oral language expectations and so much more. This creative, hands-on literacy project is the perfect end of the year writing task.
1. Collaborative class document - to lead your class step by step, through the creation process (Google Slides™)
- Project introduction (written as a procedure)
- DIY videos to analyze in order to collaboratively create project success criteria
- Two samples of procedural text to analyze (for two different audiences)
- For learning about why audience matters
- For searching for the text features of a procedure
- Discussion prompt for helping students develop a topic
- Explanation of writing process - plan, rough draft, edit and revise
- How to get started on video creation (Five options - Adobe Spark, WeVideo, Canva, iMovie and create your own slide template for other videos)
- Sample student created DIY video to analyze for providing feedback on (to practice for peer feedback process)
2. Student creation template - plan, rough draft, edit and revise (Google Docs™)
3. Peer feedback form (Google Slides™)
4. Teacher materials
- Instructions on how to use and send each type of file
- All collaborative class document slides with sample answers filled in and tips on how to use in the speaker’s notes
- Teacher feedback form
When your students have finished creating their masterpieces, it is time to share them with their classmates, giving the students an opportunity to learn from each other. Great for asynchronous learning and bonus tasks for quick finishers.
Everything you need for approximately two weeks (or more) of writing and media analyzing/ creation.
Check out the detailed preview and let me know if you have any questions!
RELATED PRODUCTS: Check out these other Literacy activities - Great for both in-class and online learning
- Virtual Book Club with Creative Digital Choice Board
- Bad Kitty Read Aloud and Narrative Writing Pack
- Text Form Specific Graphic Organizers
- Dialogue Journal Template
- Digital Class Book Template
- Passion Project (Digital and Printable)
- Picture Book Analyzing Project
PDF with Google Links Version Available Upon Request
If you would prefer to receive a PDF with Google Links to this product, please follow these instructions:
- Purchase the product
- Email me at email@example.com with your name and order number
- I will then send you a file that includes forced copy links for the products that you have purchased.
This goes for any of my products! Please allow for 24 hours for delivery.
Did you know that leaving feedback gives you points towards FREE TpT products? Free products for you, feedback for me...it's a win win!
Please let me know if you have any questions and don't forget to follow me to be notified when more products like these become available! You can also check out my other digital products in my TpT store!
Thank you for your time,
Stacey - 1 Passionate Teacher