Fun student directed project to build procedural writing and presentation skills.
Students choose a new/safe skill to learn, analyze the steps and share with the class via written instructions and a visual presentation.
- Instructions and mini-lessons for teacher
- Project booklet/instruction for students
- Tip sheet for successful procedural writing and presentations
- Fun/visual powerpoint with tips for students
- Note for parents
- Skill application sheet for student to let you know which skill
they plan to master
- Checklist/Notes assessment sheet
- Peer presentation assessment sheet for students to give
feedback to their classmates
***This project usually takes 2-3 weeks total, from introducing the task, mini-lessons/tips to presenting the final product. I often mix this in over the weeks while I teach other small language topics.
This is a fun project, as the students are provided the chance to choose a skill they have always wanted to learn (cooking, baking, fixing things, magic tricks, etc). My grade 6-8 classes love this project, as they enjoy the chance to see which skills their friends want to pick up, and the final presentations are always fun for the group to watch together.