Proclamation Act of 1763.
Key words include:
- Pontiac’s War
- Proclamation of 1763
- Lord Jeffrey Amherst
- King George III
This PowerPoint presentation examines:
- Reasons why American colonists headed west over the Appalachian Mountains.
- Clashes with Native Americans, specifically Pontiac’s War.
- Why the British government issued the Proclamation Act of 1763.
Overarching Question (Thinking Focus Question):
- What was the goal of the Proclamation Act of 1763?
**CAN BE ALTERED!** This is lesson 5 of Road to Revolution Unit. It comes with an engaging and visually appealing 21-slide PowerPoint presentation with easy to understand content illustrated with charts and pictures. This PowerPoint lesson is accompanied by a three-page graphic organizer - answer key included!
Here are other lessons in this unit you may be interested in:
Lesson 1: Conflict in the Ohio River Valley
Lesson 2: Fort Necessity
Lesson 3: Albany Plan of Union (Congress)
Lesson 4: French and Indian War
Lesson 5: Proclamation Act of 1763
Lesson 6: Sugar Act and Stamp Act
Lesson 7: Townshend Act and Quartering Act
Lesson 8: The Boston Massacre
Lesson 9: The Boston Tea Party
Lesson 10: Intolerable Acts (Coercive Acts)
Lesson 11: Lexington and Concord
UNIT: Road to Revolution
Be sure to follow my store by clicking on the GREEN STAR next to my ZoopDog picture to receive notifications of new products. Thanks for stopping by my store!
- This product may NOT be copied and distributed outside of the scope of your classroom.
- This product may NOT be uploaded to the Internet or stored in a public retrieval system outside of the scope of the project itself (ex. your district website, slideshare.com, wikispaces.com, slideguru.com, your own personal website, etc.
- You may store this on your teacher website only if it is password protected.
- The slides included in this resource may not be used to create something new, and or distributed in any way without written consent from the author.