This is a lesson plan for teaching programming to young students using no computers.
The lesson plan provides the following:
- ALL, MOST, SOME Objectives
- 5 Outcomes for assessment
- Lesson Activities
- Homework Activities
- Differentiation ideas and resources
- 6 paper based resources/help sheets/activities
- 1 presentation (pdf format)
- 2 x Video links to support the lesson (created by me)
The learning in these lessons focuses on the students grasping the concept of robots and the programming of robots.
The outcomes are that students learn how to write and predict programs written in a 'new' language.
There are many Q&A opportunities as well as promoting paired discussion and problem solving.
The resources are engaging and challenging but appropriately pitched.
The resources support the confident and non confident teacher, with video support opportunities.