Also included in
- I love being and staying organized! These tools help me get the job done. This bundle includes some of my most used items in my classroom and they are all EDITABLE!Please take a look at each resource for a detailed preview of what's included. What is included?1. Teacher Toolbox Labels and Sterilite$27.75$37.24Save $9.49
- This highly requested bundle is finally available! Over the years I have had so many requests from teachers that needed all my most popular Melonheadz themed resources in one bundle. I was not able to create it due to technical limitations. The wait is now over! I'm happy to tell you that you can no$179.00$237.72Save $58.72
After 10 years in the classroom, I was SO tired of never being able to find my progress monitoring materials when I needed them. I either lost my timer, my book, their stickers, or got everything ready and didn’t have a pencil on hand! I knew I had to find a better way to manage these materials! This year I came up with a solution to my problem.
I now keep everything together in a book bin that I picked up from Target. You can find similarly sized bins at Lakeshore and even the dollar store (shoe bins). You can print out the label in a reduced size if you need it smaller. Life has been so much easier thanks to my new system. I keep it right by my desk so it is ready to go the moment I need it.
- Label: A pre-made and editable label for you to use on your bucket. I included a design with a boy and a girl.
- Notes: Pre-made and editable in both black and white! The notes are so important for parents. I quickly jot down their score and the student and I come up with a goal.
- Stickers: Fit to print on Avery 5160 sheets. (30 labels to one sheet) These stickers are not editable to ensure proper printing. They come in both black and white. My kids love these stickers! When they reach their goal (the goals are pretty obtainable) they get this sticker. They love to show their friends and other teachers that they reached their reading goals! The stickers read: I met my reading goal!
- Goal Tracker: Just added in 2019! A way to create a fun data wall for your kids to track their goals.
- Where can I get materials to progress monitor?
Do you need materials to progress monitor? I use DIBELS materials and you can pick up copies for free from the website. You need to create an account with them and you will be able to download the newest materials. If you don't mind using older materials, you can download the 6th edition without creating an account. Copy and paste the link below into your browser to pick up a copy of materials.
- How often do you progress monitor?
It's up to your site. If your school doesn't require it, I suggest a minimum of once or twice per month. I try to do it every other week. I split my class list in half. I test the first half one week and the second half the following week.
- How long does it take you to progress monitor?
I reserve up to half an hour so that we have time to talk about each student's goal, how they are progressing, or what is happening if they are not meeting their goals consistently.
- What are the other children doing while you test?
I like to test during center time. It's very difficult to do it while the class is super quiet because the timer keeps going off and that distracts the class from activities like writing or math. Center time is perfect.
- Do kids that don't meet their goal get a prize?
I chose not to because I want them to work towards their goals in order to get that incentive.
If you have any questions, please ask prior to purchasing :-)