The Progressive Era Escape Game is a fun way for students to review the topic of the Progressive Movement. This game is modeled after the popular escape games in many cities around the country. In this classroom version students will work collaboratively to solve puzzles, connect clues, and solve the case! Your students will be totally engaged in this hands-on, themed challenge!
Preparing your classroom for the activity is easy. Simply follow the instructions of printing out the clues and hiding them in your classroom. Detailed teacher instructions for the game setup, game play, and how to reset the game are included. Also included are answer keys for all clues and debriefing questions. Let the fun (and learning) begin!
You will need the following tools:
- tape or glue
- scissors or paper cutter
- a blacklight flashlight (available at www.amazon.com)
- an invisible ink pen (available at www.amazon.com)
- seven locks (optional; available at www.amazon.com)
- 2 lockable boxes (optional; available at www.amazon.com)
- A lockout hasp (optional; available at www.amazon.com)
Please note that this game was originally created to use locked boxes and locks, but it is easily adaptable and instructions have been provided on what to do if you decide not to use the locked boxes and locks.