- "I thought U.S. History was going to be boring," a student told me at the end of semester one, "but the way it's arranged thematically is really interesting." A few days later that student's mother emailed me to let me know her daughter was now so interested in US History and Government that she reg$145.00$167.25Save $22.25
This engaging project will have your students critically thinking about how the Progressive Era* shows up in their daily lives. Your students will take their own pictures and create their own digital collages to demonstrate how these reforms have affected their daily lives. Students will enjoy capturing photos of their ideas while thinking critically about how history has shaped the world around them.
Due to the nature of this project, I give this assignment as homework once we've brainstormed Progressive Era reforms and read the directions in class. That way they can take pictures as they see examples of the reforms in their daily lives (or they can stage photos using props/other people). Then, I can display their submitted collages to the class so that the entire class can see one another's work. I also use this as a partner project, but it can be easily modified to become an individual project as well.
*Please note that this is more of a review project as it assumes that students already know about the Progressive Era and have a working knowledge of the reforms.
- Student Progressive Era Brainstorm Worksheet & Collage Directions (Editable Word & PDF Versions Included)
- Simple Rubric for Assessing Student Collage
- Students need access to cameras (phone cameras work fine)
- Students need access to computers to create the collage
You might also enjoy:
- Insta-Past! An Instagram-Inspired US History Preview or Review Timeline!
- Student Listening Guide for the Washington Post's Presidential Podcast
- Supply and Demand Unit Bundle including Shark Tank Project
- DBQ Essay Materials
- Cold War March Madness