Write a narrative essay that tells a story about one of the reform efforts of the Progressive Era in the United States. Tell the story from the point of view of a historical individual or a fictional character of the period.
- Choose a reform effort that interests you most. Take notes about the people and locations involved
- Choose a purpose for you essay. For example, you may want to highlight a certain event or results that you think deserve attention.
- Gather the facts and details you will need to tell your story, including any historical background.
- Identify the climax, or most important part, of your story. Then, decide what will happened in the beginning, middle, and end of the essay
- Write an opening for the essay that will grab a reader’s interest and make sure to include sensory details
- Use many details to make the story vivid. Include dialogue when possible to convey thoughts of your character
- Write a conclusion that summarizes the significance of the experience to the character
- Use the MYP Guidelines to revise your narrative