"Love this activity" - Buyer
Student role play muckrakers
with these three inquiry-based activities. Students read primary sources and make connections to modern-day investigative journalism. Have students choose one or all of the activities as part of your Progressive Era studies. Ready-to-use at stations, in small groups or for individuals.
This resource includes:
Complete teacher’s guide for setting up activities
Student handouts for four different muckraker related activities
Informational text and primary source for Jacob Riis
A complete list of materials
Also available as part of a $$ saving Progressive Era and Gilded Age Teacher resource Bundle
Gilded Age and Progressive Era Resources Include
- Progressive Era and Gilded Age: Quick and Easy Newspaper
- Progressive Era & Gilded Age: Research Project and Role Play
- Progressive Era and Gilded Age: Muckraker Station Activities
- Progressive Era and Gilded Age: Figures of the Era Gallery Walk
- Progressive Era and Gilded Age: What's the Question? Bell-Ringers
- Progressive Era and Gilded Age: Examining Tammany Hall
- Progressive Era and Gilded Age: Student-Centered Unit Project
- Progressive Era and Gilded Age: The Captains of Industry
- rogressive Era and Gilded Age: Interactive Notebook Graphic Organizers
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not permitted to be shared with colleagues or by an entire subject or grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.