This is a complete lesson on progressive verbs. It contains the teach piece, information sheet for the students, task cards, worksheet, and an objective test. The engaging teach piece is differentiated so that many learners needs are met.
I think most students don’t understand the word “progressive” and that may scare them; therefore, they don’t learn the progressive verb forms. So, this lesson contains teacher’s directions for spending a little time trying to help students understand what that word means. This aids in understanding the verb forms.
Before beginning this lesson, students should have been taught verbs and the present, past, and future tense. They should also know what helping verbs are and the forms of to be. A quick, quick review of these is given.
This lesson contains:
• Complete instructions for the teacher
• Informational handout on the word “progressive” with fun activities.
• Informational handout on progressive verbs with a graphic
• Task cards with instructions for using these in several different ways depending on the ability of your students. One way to use these is at a literacy center.
• Tally sheet to write the progressive verbs from the task cards into the appropriate column of past progressive, present progressive, or future progressive. KEY included.
• Worksheet on progressive verbs with KEY
• Objective Test with KEY