Five files are included in the Prohibition and the 18th and 21st Amendments Pack.
- PowerPoint presentation
- Corresponding notes in Microsoft Word and PDF
- Corresponding cloze worksheets in Microsoft Word and PDF
Lesson Objective: To examine the causes of prohibition and its impact on American society.
- Temperance Crusade
- Women's Christian Temperance Union (WCTU)
- 18th Amendment
- Rum runners
- 21st Amendment
Key Terms and People:
- Frances Willard
- Carrie Nation
- Al Capone
- Audio clip: "The Alcoholic Blues" by, Edward Laska
- Video/Audio: "Everybody Wants a Key to My Cellar"
- Video clip: Prohibition and Organized Crime (2:28)
- Video clip: Bet You Didn't Know - Prohibition (2:46)