Also included in
- In this Project Based Learning Science and Social Studies Bundle you will have everything you need to teach PBL this year! Creating these units are time consuming for any teacher and this bundle will save you hours and hours of work, planning and your time. We take the boring and make PBL fun and ea$43.94$58.25Save $14.31
Using the Project Based Learning Model, students get to participate in habitat activities and interdependent relationships in ecosystems. They do this through the use of close reading articles, books, pictures, videos and technology to research a habitat or ecosystem.
This process helps students gain skills in problem solving, investigating, and engages them in challenges. We have integrated science, ELA and writing which works perfect in your 2nd Grade Science Classroom. Through all this learning, they end up with a final project and get to do a presentation. Make learning to do research fun!
It is DIGITAL and Printable
A distance learning teaching plan has been included separately. This includes ways to use with hybrid model as well. The students will use a digital interactive notebook to do the activities. It is all included.
- Step by Step Lesson Plans
- Materials List
- Distance Learning Lesson Plans
- Digital Interactive Notebook Pages
- Digital Projects
- All the Elements of PBL (See the Preview)
- Driving Question
- Differentiated Close Reading Articles for Desert, Arctic and Rainforest (3 levels)
- Close Reading Instructions
- Close Reading Schedule
- Note taking Instructions
- Note taking pages
- Various Group Work Opportunities
- Presentation Opportunity
- Entry Event Idea
- Interactive Notebook pages
- Optional worksheets
- Sample Product
- Product Layout Examples
- Tech Recommendations
After numerous lessons on how to do research, learning about habitats, doing their own research, they make a rough draft of their information and put all the information they gathered into a well polished Habitat PBL Project. This project can lead into a class presentation to help the students practice presenting. Includes a grading rubric and writing assignment.
This unit is based off of using PBL, Project Based Learning. PBL is a student centered learning model in which students work on a project for an extended period of time. I. It integrates math, technology, social studies, ELA and writing.
However, you do not need to be a PBL classroom to use it!
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey
This is a zip file.