Also included in
- This bundle combines several student-directed (students design and lead PBL's) project-based learning resources all under the theme of communications - various methods of gathering and sharing information. This bundle includes three separate projects, one on biographies, another on current events, a$9.45$13.50Save $4.05
- This bundle combines several student-directed project-based learning resources that are perfect for educators and students that have SOME experience with student-led project-based learning. You DO NOT need experience in PBL to facilitate these projects. This bundle was designed to help you and your$22.05$31.50Save $9.45
- This project-based learning lesson plan mega bundle includes a large number of ready-made PBL resources that help move high school students from teacher-directed to teacher-guided to student-led. The lesson plans for project-based learning meet a variety of skill levels. Some are for beginner projec$96.60$138.00Save $41.40
- Are you looking for real-world, authentic service-learning projects for your high school students without sacrificing more of your time directing the experience or pulling materials together? This mini-bundle offers ready-made materials for student-led service-learning projects that revolve around l$10.35$11.50Save $1.15
This high school current events experience is a great way to study local and global issues as well as introduce self-directed project-based learning. Your students will research topics for current events in depth. Students will choose one current event topic of interest and design a self-directed project based learning lesson plan around that topic using the guiding materials included in this resource.
Students will work within the community, complete a project final product of their choosing (ideas available), and give an authentic presentation (ideas available).
This project was designed using project-based learning principles - student choice, innovation, relevance to students, and impacts the community. Students not only gain content knowledge such as project based learning social studies concepts but will also gain the 21st century skills essential for life and the workplace.
This resource includes a printable AND digital version. The digital version can be assigned to students via Google Classroom™ where students can add content and share it with you. An Easel Activity has also been created for this resource. Many options!
Note: The pdf printable version is not editable. The digital version IS EDITABLE. Teachers can easily revise content and tasks to fit the needs of their students. Students can also manipulate the text as needed.
"This product is the gift that keeps on giving!!!" - Katrina W. (used with 10th, 11th, 12th)
Grab my free self-directed project-based learning implementation spreadsheet to help you manage projects and progress!
This product includes:
- Guidelines for teachers and students
- Brainstorming activity ideas
- Template for summarizing articles for current events
- Project based learning planning templates
- Project proposal and design template
- Project learning reflection questions
- Rubric for project based learning assessment
This resource is student-directed. In the project design process, students have the flexibility to add concepts or questions that they would like to explore. If you have specific standards that you need to cover, ask students to add those benchmarks to their project plan. Because this resource is a self-led research experience the Common Core research standards (9-12) are covered as well.
If you like this product, check out these resources as well!
- Community Action Project Tool Kit
- Vice News Series Bundle: Current Events Worksheets and PBL Extensions
Take a look at these FREE teacher tools to help implement project-based learning:
- Free Sample: Project-Based Learning Digital Teacher Planner
- Project Based Learning Assessment Portfolio
- Experiential Learning Video Training
For more PBL guidance, check out these blog posts from Experiential Learning Depot:
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star for resource updates and alerts
- Join my newsletter.
- Website and blog – Experiential Learning Depot
- Join the experience in my Facebook Group - Experiential Learning Community for K-12 Teachers
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - firstname.lastname@example.org
Credits: Cover Fonts - MR. FISKS Fonts