- In this Project Based Learning Science and Social Studies Bundle you will have what you need to teach using PBL this year! Creating these units are time consuming for any teacher and this bundle will save you hours and hours of work, planning and your time. It includes a Plant Unit, Solar System Uni$65.50$46.13Save $19.37
- Product Description
This Project Based Learning Unit, PBL, is an inquiry based step by step unit that uses Johnny Appleseed and his impact on the world to help students make a difference in their school and community. Students work together on a Legacy Project and present it to an audience.
This is an all inclusive PBL Unit that includes step by step lesson plans, informational writing unit on Johnny Appleseed, inquiry based community service project that shows the impact of being a citizen even as a child and has the class working together using 21st learning techniques. It includes numerous other activities as well. The most important part is that it is differentiated for 3 levels. This unit is perfect for 1st grade.
- Step by Step Lesson Plans for over 18 days. These lesson plans guide the teacher and students through each lesson.
- Project Based Learning Inquiry where students work together to figure out the solution to their problem
- Real Life Situations and students get to figure out how to solve them to make their school or community a better place
- Opportunities to make a difference in their school
- Group Work and Research where students use 21st century skills to learn
- Final Project Presentation Activities and Instructions
- Speaking and Listening Practice and Opportunities
- Rubrics designed specifically for this project
- Informational Writing Instruction activities that is also differentiated per level
- Various Johnny Appleseed Day Ideas that can be done separately
- Discussion Questions
- Differentiated Activities and tips throughout the unit to accommodate each type of learner
- Small Group Activities where students are given real life jobs to work together to complete a project
- Citizen Activities
- Johnny Appleseed Craft where they make his cooking pot hat
- Graphic Organizers to help with the Writing Project and the final legacy project
- All the lessons are Interactive Lessons where students are not sitting and doing worksheets
- Sample Anchor Charts to use
- Applesauce Recipe that can be made in class with the students
Besides the main project the students will spend a total of 4 weeks (more or less) learning about Johnny Appleseed, doing community service around the school, informational writing, going through the writing process, learning about being a citizen, learning about facts, drawing, making crafts, making applesauce, singing and participating in interactive learning.
What is Project Based Learning?
This unit is based off of using PBL, Project Based Learning. PBL is a student centered learning model in which students work on a project for an extended period of time. I. It integrates math, technology, social studies, ELA and writing.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. Sometimes new products are on sale the first 24 hours that they are uploaded. It pays to follow!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey