Products in this Bundle (4)
Also included in
- In this Project Based Learning Science and Social Studies Bundle you will have what you need to teach using PBL this year! Creating these units are time consuming for any teacher and this bundle will save you hours and hours of work, planning and your time. It includes a Plant Unit, Solar System Uni$49.00$64.99Save $15.99
In this Project Based Learning Plants and Animals Bundle you will have what you need to teach PBL Science! These top selling PBL units are now combined together at a better price! Creating these units are time consuming for any teacher and this bundle will save you hours and hours of work, planning and your time.
With your students you will be able to teach them all about the parts of plants, their functions, do activities with the parts of plants, grow your own plants using experimental methods, read about plants in Close Reading articles and Mini Books, do sequence writing with informational articles, craftivities, inquiry based Science Stations, dissect, make a plant flip book, figure out what plants we can eat, and end it all with a culminating event.
Students learn about the various animal features and how these animals need particular features to help them survive in the wild. Students use 21st century learning skills to work with a group to dive into researching about one particular animal and then are able to present their findings to the class or an audience showcasing their informational writing, a craft project and their group work in answer the question to their problem.
- NGSS 1-LS1-2
- NGSS 1-LS1-1
- NGSS 1-LS3-1
- Step by Step Lesson Plans in each unit. I guide you through each lesson and prepare you along the way.
- Driving Questions that are 1st grade appropriate
- PBL Steps: I follow the Project Based Learning Concept and include each part in the unit.
- Entry Events that will help your students to get excited about their next unit. It will peak their interest.
- Inquiry Based Activities: These activities are perfect for Science Inquiry Centers. It will help your students to think deeper.
- Inquiry Based Questions to use whole group or in a small group
- Planting Experiment to help students see exactly what plants need to grow
- Dissecting Flowers Experiment to help students look a little closer at the inside plants and the similarities and differences between plants.
- 4 Mini Books About Plants (Differentiated) and What Plants we can eat. These books work great as independent work, in science stations, or whole group.
- Activities to use with each of the Mini Books
- Close Reading Article About the Parts of Plants (Differentiated)
- Comprehension Questions that go with the close reading articles
- Sequencing Mini Lesson and additional activities to use with sequencing
- Sequencing Writing Lesson for the Life cycle of Plants
- Writing Craftivity that looks great up on the bulletin board
- Bulletin Board Idea (parts not included)
- Eating the Parts of Plant Activities. Students love learning about which plants they eat every day and learning to try new ones.
- Technology Uses and Ideas
- Plant Journal to keep track of their plants each, it includes questions to answer.
- Parts of Plant Flip Book is a great activity to show what they have learned and helps them tell others about it.
- Extension Activities are great for advanced learners or if you need more activities
- Interactive Lessons. Most of the lessons included are very interactive and get students out of their seats, working with others and doing more than worksheets
- Song about the Parts of Plant. This is fun to practice to learn the parts of plants and is cute for the Culminating Event.
- 12 Vegetable Posters (Parts of Plants). These go with the section where students are learning about which parts of the plant they are eating. They go well inside the Inquiry Science Centers for those activities.
- Parts of Plants Poster. To be displayed in the room
- Assessment Ideas to use along the unit
- End of Unit PBL Project: Each PBL unit has a problem to solve, students get to solve the problem
- Culminating Event Ideas. This is a guide on how a culminating event can be done with this unit.
- PRINTER FRIENDLY PAGES
- Rubrics that go with each project
- Answer Keys/Samples
- 13 Different Animal Pictures with a short article about them. It is written in student friendly language
- Graphic Organizers to help with various writing projects
- Close Reading Articles on animals
- Close Reading and Inference Instructions and Schedule
- Art Activities
- Presentation Instructions for each project
- Informational Writing Activity
- Differentiation Lesson Plans and activities
Since this unit is a Project Based Learning Unit, it includes the standards from various subject areas. Depending on your ELA and Writing Block, many of the activities in this unit can be used during that time.
Also, many of the activities work very well in Inquiry Science Centers or for small group rotations.
The mini books and Close Reading can be used during a reading block.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey