Also included in
- Resource Description:This bundle includes every student-directed PBL project in my store. Projects meet a variety of skill levels, some are for beginner PBL students and others are for those that are more experienced. All projects integrate subjects. This bundle is also great for educators that are$98.40$123.00Save $24.60
Zero prep assessment strategy to demonstrate learning. Works well in project-based learning environments.
One of the fundamental elements of project-based learning is the creation of an innovative end product that demonstrates learning. Deep learning is often lost when students stick with typical poster boards or Powerpoint presentations because what they are demonstrating is that they know how to copy and paste and regurgitate information. They are not necessarily showing analytical, critical, or creative thinking skills. Another important part of project-based learning is sharing the final product with an authentic audience, one that is relevant to the topic and could benefit from the final product.
This resource, then, is intended to provide innovative final product and authentic presentation suggestions for teachers and students. , each card including one final product and one authentic presentation option. Students use the task cards as a catalog of final product and authentic options to choose from, and then create those final products and share them.
The end product options or “task cards” included in this product vary in time commitment. Some may take an hour, others may take weeks. Each task card is labeled with an estimated time and can be organized by time commitment.
Suggested Uses of Task Cards:
- Catalog of Project-Based Learning End Products: This is what I use this resource for in my class. This bundle minimizes questions when it comes to how students should demonstrate learning. I leave a copy of these task cards laminated and on a key ring in my room. My students choose final products from this bundle when designing projects.
- Formative Assessments: Each task card has a suggested activity to demonstrate learning. Most of the activities on each card are generic and would apply to most project topics. Consider stations or allowing students to choose from the bundle.
- Learning Activity for Early Finishers - Have cards available for early finishers to browse through. They can choose one card to further demonstrate learning. Students can continue to come back to the same activity each day they finish early.
Thank you for considering this product! If you love this resource check out these other related student-directed resources:
- 21st-Century Skills Portfolio
- Project-Based Learning Toolkit
- Student-Led Project-Based Learning Bundle and Implementation Manual
- FREE Project-Based Learning Assessment Portfolio - Free when you subscribe to Experiential Learning Depot mailing list. Head to experientiallearningdepot.com to subscribe.
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - email@example.com
For more experiential learning tips, resources, freebies, etc. visit my blog, experientiallearningdepot.com
Thank you for using this product! Experiential Learning Depot owns the copyright to this resource and you are being licensed as a single user of this product. You may use this product for multiple classrooms and reference the product in blogs, seminars and/or workshops. You may not remove Experiential Learning Depot from the resource, give the product away for free, sell the files, make copies for unlicensed users, or gain access to the resource through means of any of the previously listed methods. Thank you again for using this product! Please reach out if you have questions or comments about this resource. Come visit us again soon!
~ Sara S.