Common Core State Standards:
W.K.2: I can teach my reader about a topic using pictures and words.
W.K.6: With support from adults, I can use digital tools to publish my writing.
L.K.1: I can use grammar conventions to send a clear message to a reader or listener.
L.K.2: I can use conventions to send a clear message to my reader.
L.K.6: I can speak using words I hear in books.
This project is a great way for young students to begin to understand and control different emotions and have empathy for others, students working on this project will explore various feelings through recognition, simulations, comparisons, problem-solving, and small-group work. Culminating project will consist of digital photography, writing, and self-portraiture. Each student will create a page; the digital photograph on his or her page will be taken by a classmate and attempts to capture the feeling they chose to write about.
• Picture Clue Direction Sheet
• Picture Clue Sort Cards
• Twelve 8 ½ X 11 Emotions Posters
• Situation Cards Sort Direction Sheet
• Situation Cards
• Twelve ¼ page Emotion Posters
• Emotion Charades Direction Sheet
• Emotion Charades Task Cards
• Feeling Faces Template
• Culminating Project Directions
• Book Cover: “Our Class Book of Feelings”
• “Creating My Portrait” Graphic Organizer
• Learning Targets Page
• Individual Student Page (for class book)