- Product Description
How can students create a Winter Sport Game using recyclables and classroom supplies? This is a hands on cross-curricular and full Project Based Learning Unit inspired by the Winter Games.
This unit includes an optional presentation at the end which is great for practice on speaking and listening when students present their final projects.
Students will read books (included), close reading passages, do Informational Writing, research, study maps, make flags, create a Winter Game through a STEM Activity, group work, and present it in a final culminating event.
This unit is packed full of all that a PBL unit needs.
Full detailed lesson plans are included and it is fully differentiated.
- Content is based on 1st and 2nd Grade Standards, but would work well in 3rd grade too
- Scaffolding and Differentiation with included books
- Close reading passages
- Presentation materials
- Comprehension Questions
- Valuable Skills and Problem Solving Opportunities through the project
- Driving Question included
- Creates a "need to know" and a "want to know" with highly engaging activities
- Student choice ideas
- Critique and Revision with rubrics included
- Public Audience with a chance to present in front of an audience of the teacher's choice
In the books and articles the words “Winter Games” are used instead of “Winter Olympics” because Olympics is trademarked.
Books are made in full color and a color saving option as well.
You may also be interested in my some of my other Project Based Learning Units such as Economics, Supply and Demand. In this project students create their own small business and run it in a class marketplace environment.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey