Also included in
- In this Project Based Learning Science and Social Studies Bundle you will have everything you need to teach PBL this year! Creating these units are time consuming for any teacher and this bundle will save you hours and hours of work, planning and your time. We take the boring and make PBL fun and ea$43.94$58.25Save $14.31
- The most memorable lessons your students will remember are the interactive Science Labs. Almost all students love seeing science reactions, getting their hands dirty, and interacting with their learning. In this bundle you will have Science Labs for the whole year. Each of the labs comes complete wi$10.50$21.00Save $10.50
This mini unit is a 4 day Step by Step Lesson Plan to teach students using the NGSS 2-ESS2-3 Standards. It is easy to use and interactive for the students.
The students answer the question: What effect does saltwater have on icebergs? How does adding salt and ice to the water affect the temperature of the water?
- Read an informational article on Icebergs
- Investigate icebergs
- Do a science experiment on icebergs
- Record their information on a lab sheet
- Math lesson with temperature
- Use Close Reading Concepts
- Informational writing assignment
- Art lesson
- There is an additional lab assignment that students will measure the water temperature under different variables.
This is an easy way to add Science to your ELA curriculum. The students also learn to use the Scientific Method.
- Step by Step Lesson Plans (Even a Substitute can use them)
- 2 Different Labs
- Informational Close Reading Article on Icebergs
- Comprehension Questions
- Close Reading Steps
- Scientific Method Posters
- Scientific Method Student Sheets
- Lab Sheets
- Additional Lessons
- Answer Keys
The lesson plans included follow the NGSS Earth Science Standards and can be used as a Science Project Based Learning, PBL unit on Earth's Surfaces or just as a
supplementary mini unit.
What is Project Based Learning?
This unit is based off of using PBL, Project Based Learning. PBL is a student centered learning model in which students work on a project for an extended period of time. I. It integrates math, technology, social studies, ELA and writing.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. Sometimes new products are on sale the first 24 hours that they are uploaded. It pays to follow!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey